The Dance Edit Podcast is a weekly podcast hosted by Dance Media editors. Posted every Thursday morning, it’s a breakdown of all the news that’s moving the dance world, led by people who nerd out about dance for a living.
Keep the conversation going: We just launched The Dance Edit Extra, a premium audio interview series! Learn more.
- Remembering Sondheim, “The Nutcracker” Evolves, and Osipova’s NFTs
- “Chicago” at 25, Dance as Renewable Energy, and “Good” Costumes
- Dance as a Workplace, Body Hair Battles, and Indigenous Enterprise
- Assessing Arts Journalism, Dance Companies’ COVID Scars, and the Case for “DWTS”
- Race on Broadway Stages, Burlesque-topia, and K-pop’s Dance Love
- Boys in Ballet, Adjunct Purgatory, and the Return of Social Dance
- Returning to the Stage, What Comes Next, and Special Guest Tiler Peck
- Lizzo’s TED Talk, Rethinking Arts Admin, and NYCB’s Fashion Gala
- Tony Highs and Lows, Disappearing Dance Programs, and “Birds of Paradise”
- A Culture of Abuse, Religion and Dance, and the “West Side” Trailer
- Broadway’s Comeback, Real Talk About Money, and Choreography Awards
- Retooling “Nutcracker,” a Ballet Tragedy, and Body-Positive Dance